This is a private guided tour. It will be organized for you only, so you will not be part of a larger group.
After getting to know the city the group will meet to have dinner at a local restaurant trying local dishes and some of the best local red wines. This night you are free to explore as a group or on your own.
Wine making in Banat region has the same recent history as elsewhere in Romania. Even though the region has good potential for making good wines, during the communist period the focus was on quantity. Only in the last 5-10 years the region was revived and new private wineries focusing on quality were open. We will visit 2 of them, one called Petrovaselo (named after the village where it is located) and one in Silagiu (this region is so new that is unknown to even most locals). So this will be a day of experimenting new wineries and new wines – actually your feedback might be very important for them.
As evening comes we will go for dinner at a restaurant and have a selection of some of the best Romanian wines to accompany the special Thanksgiving meal.
In the evening we will be back in Timisoara and you will have time on your own to explore more of the local wine bars and restaurants which have opened in the last few years.
In the afternoon we will visit Balla Geza winery, a pioneer in making quality wines and also promoting wine tourism in the region. Here you will try some less common wines such as Cadarca or Mustoasa de Maderat (originates in this region) but also their high-end stone wines. We will also have a hearty dinner at this winery, their specialty being the goulash (being close to Hungary).
Casa del Sole 4* – Timisoara
- Accommodation for 4 Nights in standard double room, breakfast included
- Wine tasting (at least 5 wines) & meals:
- Wine tasting at winery in Silagiu & in Serbia
- Lunch & wines
- Wine tasting at Petrovaselo winery (at least 6 wines) and lunch
- Wine tasting & lunch at winery in Serbia
- Dinner & wines
- 2 dinners at restaurants in Timisoara (one for Thanksgiving), the meal includes starter or soup, main course and dessert and water (the dishes will be shared family style). For wines we will try, as group, 5 different wines and on average there will be a bottle of wine per 2 people
- 1 dinner (goulash) at Balla Geza winery with wine tasting (premium wines)
- Dinner on Day 3 and 5 are not included
- Airport to hotel transfers on arrival day and from hotel to airport on departure day
- By minibus on the rest of the days between Timisoara, the wineries and the spa
- Single room supplement is: 120 EUR