Experienced Romania tour operator and DMC
Of the many Romania tour operators out there, we’re happy that you’re visiting our website, welcome!
Let’s tell you in brief what we can do for you, since 2011:
- If you are a private person: we can organize tailor-made tours of Romania, guided or self-drive. So if you are looking for a tour operator in Romania, here we are!
- If you are a travel agency, tour operator or a company: we can organize tours or events for your groups. We are what is called in the travel industry a local destination management company in Romania (DMC)
8 reasons to love our tours of Romania
- Focusing on what’s true and authentic about Romania – we’d rather offer a genuine experience than stage it.
- Going local and going rural so we can offer an enriching, immersive cultural experience. This can involve eating at local restaurants and farms, attending traditional events meant for locals, visiting local markets, traveling in small groups so we are not intrusive, trying local produce such as wine, brandy, gems and cheese, learning how traditional crafts are practiced and going to the quaintest places in the country.
- The main topics of our tours are culture, rural traditions and nature, food & wine, photography, genealogy and ancestry. We tailor our tours to your particular interest so having a call is an important step in designing a tour for you.
- We usually suggest accommodation in charming boutique hotels (in historic buildings or in the old town), traditional rural bed & breakfasts, castles, manors. So you feel like you are in Romania!
- We work with 20 of the best tour guides in Romania; we know that the guide is often the key to a great tour. Languages spoken: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian.
- For tours and airport transfers, we use very good vehicles from local transportation and car rental companies. From the classic, locally produced Dacia Logan or Duster (talking about going local 🙂 ) to Mercedes GLE and comfortable minivans, minibusses or coaches.
- Our average tour length is 10 days, but we’ve done many 1 week trips and even a 32 days tour.
- We promote a type of tourism that benefits the local economy while trying to preserve the local heritage and environment. We believe in responsible and sustainable travel.
Is this what you are looking for? Then, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your expectations and we’ll take it from there.
10 reasons to work with our Romania Tour Operator Company (and DMC):
- We hold travel agency license number 1250 issued by the Romanian Tourism Authority under the name Via Transylvania Tours. Initially issued in 2011 and reissued in 2019, please see below.
- Our True Romania Tours website was launched in 2017 and replaced our initial viatransylvania.com website.
- As a legal requirement for Romania tour operators, we sign contracts for the tours we well which clearly define terms of booking, payment, cancelation, and making changes.
- Our tours are insured against the insolvency or bankruptcy of our company (please see insurance below, renewed yearly)
- We exhibited at the World Travel Market travel fair in London and at ITB in Berlin at the Romanian stand together with other tour operators
- Since February 2017 our Romania tour operator company is on TripAdvisor and we received wonderful reviews.
- We are one of the few Romania tour operators recommended by the Bradt and Routard travel guides (popular in the UK and France)
- As a Romanian Destination Management Company (DMC), we partner with travel agencies, tour operators and companies from the US, UK, Brazil, France, Italy, and European countries.
- Romania Photo Tours is a sister tour company focused on photography tours only.
- Most of our travelers are from Europe and North America but also from Israel, Asia and Australia. We’ve also organized tours for Romanians living abroad and visiting the country with family, friends or colleagues.
Sounds interesting? Then, please email us at email@example.com your tour expectations and we’ll take it from there.
Testimonials from partners and tour operators for which we organize tours as a DMC:
Ralph, US, tour organizer: ”I’ve worked with them for 5 years now, and each trip has been better than the last.”
Paul, UK, tour organizer: ”If you are looking for a tour tailored to your exact needs with incredible attention to detail then look no further.”
Are you interested to partner with us? Then, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your expectations and we’ll take it from there.
Below you can find the tour operator license and the insurance policy for the tourists in case of bankruptcy or insolvency of the company. The tourism license 1250 issued in 2019 replaced the previous license that was issued in 2011 for our tour operator travel agency.