Since 2011 we specialize in organizing photo tours of Romania and our very first tour was with photographers. Join us to click with our culture as much as you will click your shutter. Starting with fall 2019, we have also launched a new website focused only on photo tours: Romania Photo Tours.
People photography is particularly great as in the countryside there are still many locals practicing traditional occupations such as farming, shepherding, blacksmithing, wood carving, distilling fruit brandy and more. There are also special events when people dress up in wonderful traditional clothes.
Travel, landscape and wildlife photography are also very good as Romania has impressive medieval towns and fortifications, mountains where bears and wolves live and the Danube Delta where over 300 species of birds live.
We organize private, tailor-made photo tours of Romania so please contact us and let us know what interests you.
Capture the joyful atmosphere of the winter holidays during this Winter Photo Tour of Romania during Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
In Maramures you will see people practicing centuries old traditions, caroling and going to church in traditional clothes. While in Moldova region you will see the locals dressed in bear costumes caroling and sending away the bad spirits of winter. Furthermore, you will photograph castles, wooden churches and medieval towns covered with snow which makes the compositions even more interesting.
This photography tour of Romania takes you to Transylvania region. In late summer farmers work hard in the fields to gather their crops, mow hay and pile it in haystacks while craftsmen carry on their centuries old occupations.
The rolling hills in the countryside dotted by medieval towns and villages and the nearby mountains all make for great travel, landscape and people photography. So join us for a memorable photo tour of Romania.
This photo tour of Southern Transylvania focuses on the richest German-Saxon heritage in Romania featuring charming towns and villages with well-preserved characteristic houses and old traditions still carried by local people.
You will explore the surroundings of Sibiu, where you will be able to photograph beautiful landscapes with gentle mountains and quaint villages, craftsmen that continue the traditional crafts of their ancestors and village people that work the land as centuries ago.
It is said that Romania, and especially Maramures region, is the last truly rural place in Europe. Step back in time and capture the life of people in the bucolic villages of Maramures, the colorful paintings on the walls of Bucovina’s monasteries and the charm of old medieval towns of Transylvania.
While wandering the country you will also get the chance to photograph beautiful countryside and landscape and to get in touch with handy craftsmen that carry on centuries old traditions.
For 2021 we have also planned several photo tours organized in partnerships with very good photo tour leaders from around the world and local guides, which you can check in more detail
Here are some of the dates
– Winter photo tour in Transylvania and Maramures, Romania: landscape and traditions, January 6-16 2021
– Winter photo tour of Romania (Transylvania & Bucovina): medieval towns, landscapes and people, January 29 – February 7, 2021
– Winter photo tour in Transylvania, Romania: Snowy landscapes, February 9-14, 2021
– Photo tour of Romania during the Orthodox Easter (Transylvania, Maramures and Bucovina): traditions, people and charming towns, April 24-May 4, 2021
– Spring photo tour in Transylvania, May 14-23, 2021
– Birds from the Danube Delta photo tour, May 27-June 6 2021
– Early summer photo tour in Transylvania and Maramures, Romania: traditional occupations and nature, June 14-20, 2021
– Cultural photo tour of Romania (Maramures and Transylvania), August 27-September 5, 2021
– Fall colors photo tour of Romania, October 11-22, 2021
– Late fall colors photo tour in Transylvania, October 23-30 2021
Find out more details about our group photo tours on our website focused on photography.